If you own sports equipment (bicycles, ski, golf, etc.), cameras, musical instruments or jewelry, the Comfort option of the OptiHome insurance by AXA Luxembourg will cover them in case of accidental breakage, and under certain conditions against theft outside of your home.
If your equipment is stolen, damaged or totally destroyed, the Comfort Option covers repairs or replacement.
This option can therefore be taken out with your OptiHome Home Insurance to cover your belongings, both at home or anywhere in the world in case of accidental breakage, and against theft outside your home.
What does the Comfort option cover?
The Comfort option of the OptiHome insurance covers:
- Your musical instruments
- Your sports equipment (ski, golf, mountain bike, etc.), hunting and fishing equipment
- Your medical assistance equipment: oxygen pump, insulin pump, hearing aids
- Your analog cameras (digital cameras are insured under the “Multimedia material” coverage) and their lenses
- Your jewelry and watches
- Your bicycles
- Your small electric vehicles (such as electric scooters)
When is your equipment covered?
Your equipment and material are covered everywhere in the world against breakage and theft:
- Fall, impact or penetration of a foreign object that requires repair or replacement
- Under certain conditions, theft outside our home (filing a complaint is mandatory).
How does the Comfort Option insurance cover work?
Has your equipment unfortunately been broken or stolen? This is what you need to do:
My equipment has been damaged or broken:
If your equipment is broken or damaged and needs to be repaired or replaced, do not undertake the repair yourself.
The first thing to do is to fill in the claim form Damage to the Home and send it to email@example.com
You will need to enclose an invoice or proof of purchase and a photograph of the damaged equipment.
Compensation for repair or replacement costs will take into account the depreciation of your equipment, which is contractually determined as follows:
- 5% per year for bicycles, pianos and camera lenses
- 20% per year for medical equipment
- No depreciation for jewellery
- 10% per year for all other items covered under this option.
My equipment has been stolen:
When your equipment has been stolen or damaged following an attempted theft, the first thing to do is to file a complaint as soon as it comes to your attention.
Then, within 24 hours, you must send AXA a complaint certificate together with the claim form Damage to the Home and send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other packages available with OptiHome home insurance
Your home and its contents are protected against the risks of earthquakes, floods, sewer back-ups, water infiltration and landslides caused by torrential rains.
You want to go on vacation without having to take out insurance for each trip? Take advantage of single insurance policy including cancellation, luggage and valuable support on your travels throughout the year.
Your family liability and your legal protection (criminal defence and civil appeal) are covered for your private life. E-protection cover is possible to protect you against the risks related to the use of the internet.